Wednesday, August 21, 2013

When I'm a mother.....

I was recently put in as a primary worker in my ward. I don't currently have children....but when I do, I'm going to give this list a try. Don't be offended readers....one day I will read this after I have children and will laugh at how utterly stupid I was.

1.) No child...you may not act like a zoo animal at church. SIT YOUR BOOTY DOWN!

2.) I've seen some very sad things as a nurse. All kiddos under my roof are getting vaccinated.

3.) I will not yell at my children in public places. It just looks bad to onlookers. Save it for home.

4.) Please please PLEASE.....never let me become a mother that counts. "You have until the count of three to stop hitting your sister." Let's be real, kids will wait until count 2.99 every time.

5.) I was spanked, even slapped sometimes. I still enjoy going home to see my parents. It must be somewhat effective then to teach good behavior.

6.) I'm thinking crayons and paper only at church. The entire toy box can stay at home.

7.) No saying "shut up". It's just plain mean.

8.) If you are under the age of 11...I don't want to see your face after 9:30 pm. Lights out. With the exception of New Year's, Christmas Eve...etc.etc.

9.) The hallway at church has become Chucky Cheese playpen lately. When I was growing up in was a place you never wanted to be taken. My kids will avoid it like the plague.

10.) My kids will share their toys.

11.) Kids who walk have an increased risk of getting kidnapped. I'm paranoid maybe but my kids will take the bus or I will drive them.

Hmmm....I can't think of anything else. I hope Josh likes my list. Happy Wednesday:)

1 comment:

  1. Jenny! It was fun to read your posts! Couple things, you must know that I do count and my kids go to bed at 8:00! On everything else I do agree so I hope we can still be blog buddies! My blog is bergstrombliss.blogspot.com. I must warn you that I do not share your talent of making my posts fun to read, but you are welcome to see at least some of what has happened in the past forever since I have seen you.

    ReplyDelete